1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

is this bid unreasonable

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gr84, Jul 1, 2004.

1. gr84

gr84 LawnSite Member

today i had a customer that is gave a bid to for trimming bushes and about 10 minutes worth of round up spraying. he says that my estimate was to much. heres the deal there are 8 evergreens all had at least 6 inches of new growth on them. 2 of them i would have get the ladder out to trim the tops of them. none of the bushes have never been shaped. as well as some woody stemed weeds we'll say needed to be trimmed back ( 3x7 area) .all total there was 4 man hours of work between two guys. i gave in a quote of 140 dollars. do you think that was two much?
  2. mpblass

mpblass LawnSite Member

Thats only $17.50 per man hour. Sounds way to cheap to me.
  3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty close I think. Maybe a little low. Depends on the area and what you are used to getting.
  4. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a bit low to me, but if you are out of there in 2 hours I guess it aint all bad. Sounds like this "customer" is a cheap ass and wants it done for like $50. Tell him to bust out his ladder and hedge clippers and get to work. :cool:
  5. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him to buy some F'n headge trimmers and do it his self. I myself am tired of people bitchin when given a quote. They don't say crap to the plumber that charges 90.00 a man hour!!!!!!!!!!

Kill them all, let God sort them out!!!!!!!!!!
  6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, tough day at work BOS?
  7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

i do everything for a nice round $18.50
  8. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I guess.... It has rained me out for the past 2 weeks dang near. Not to mention customers who don't understand when it has rained 15" in June that it is real hard to keep everything caught up.

Sorry everyone if I cam off a little strong on the reply.

9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

A little low in my honest opinion.
  10. sharpcutter

sharpcutter LawnSite Member

Too low, would have charged (or bid) 180

160 for the man hours, and 20 for disposal fees