Is this cheap or is it me?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by All Season Lawn Care, Mar 13, 2008.

1. All Season Lawn Care

All Season Lawn Care LawnSite Member

The neighbor got an estimate for core aeration the other day from a rather large company....it was for 4900sq ft. they told him $38.00 keep in mind there are 2 small hills also on each side of the house. so he calls me and asks if this is a reasonable price.....i tell him its more than fair....how are these company's doing this? I know I can't do it that cheap!? Does this sound correct to you...

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

20 bucks says they do a crappy, quick job...

3. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

i wont core aerate for less than $85. I cant believe any body would do it for 30.....and yes, crappy quick job, if they are lucky

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Their just charging him a little more than their mowing rate or at least it seems that way to me.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep...it's a loss leader. As soon as they do this, their foot is in the door for fert. and squirt, a shrub program, perimeter, and bed care.

6. All Season Lawn Care

All Season Lawn Care LawnSite Member

thanks for your opinions i thought I was loosing it when he said that to me my jaw hit the floor i told him i would charged $72.00 for it.....:drinkup:

7. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

That is rediculously cheap, I don't like to take the aerator off the trailer for less than $60 and that would be for a very small lawn. Do you know who it was that quoted him that price?

Do you know if cut only does aerations, I could see them giving quotes like that.

8. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

It's probably the cost of the gas to come out there!

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For running my aerator, I won't take it off the trailer for under $60 and thats a tiny postage stamp sized property at that. $38 for that job is insane but its probably just a ploy to get other work!