1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

is this cub cadet any good

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evans Lawn Service, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

i have seen them at my local shop and he wants to trade me my 15/48 hydro walkbehind cub for this.please dont hold back tell me if it is any good strips good holds hills good it is the floating deck 48 with the to handles on top

2. Evans Lawn Service

this is the lesco brand
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Until just recently, Lesco and Cub were the same machines from the same factory. Just different paint and decals.
  4. tinkz71

tinkz71 LawnSite Member

Well I will tell you this my lesco ztr cuts awesome leaves a beautiful cut and hasn't given me any problems strips great.
  5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you get extra tips from your customers when your mower strips?:laugh:

Do you cut when kids are around?
  6. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

So you already own the same mower (cub) 48" and he wants to trade for a lesco (cub) 54" ?
  7. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, first off that is a 54" float deck with 19hp kawasaki and yes it is a great cutting machine as it has the same deck as the ztwo. Only problem is the hydros are a little on the weak side, but not bad. It is also not the greatest on steep hills unless you go up and down. I have 900 hrs. on mine and no real issues.
  8. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

That is a real good mower, I just to own one before my JD727A it was a 54" deck also and the cut was better than my JD (that is my opinion) but it was not that great on hills, I do not think the transmission to be its weakness but the narrow stance of the rear tires, as stated before bad on step hills mowing sideways, OK mowing up and down without a fence or lake on the way down as it would not stop. Your call. A better option and that because of the rear tires wide stance will be a Ferris Comfort Control DD or an Exmark Turf Tracer (not the HP), have to say the controls on the Lesco were really comfortable.
  9. Evans Lawn Service

thank you guys ....ok he wants to trade my 15/48 hydro pistol grip with 400 hours on it and he will trade me for the mower with those controls and it is new i have one hill that that my pistol grip cc walk will slide a little will this new one scare me to death on the same hill? and he also wants 500 in cash to so give me some help guys good deal or keep what i have
  10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

In my opinion a 48inch walk behind is better than a 54. Pistols are arguably better too (as far as controlling the machine and lifting the deck while in motion). I would consider going to a 54 inch scalp machine a downgrade.