Is this Dollar Spot?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GravelyGuy, Jul 19, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

As you can see in the pics there is little patches of brown brass like this throughout the entire lawn. Actually, I can't belive all the damage.

There was no signs of this last week. We have had very high temperatures over the last week and this lawn is irrigated.

Dollar Spot 003.jpg

Dollar Spot 001.jpg

Dollar Spot 002.jpg

2. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like Brown Patch to me. A fungicide like Armada should take care of it.

3. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

looks more like dollar spot than brown patch. down here $ spot seems to affect the tips more than the whole blade, BP seems to affect a spot and grows larger

4. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

I would say dollar spot. The conditions you describe..... hot, humid etc.. will promote the disease. Pull up a few blades of grass in the effected areas and check for bleached out lesions in the middle of the blade.

5. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like dollar spot. Look for hour glass shaped lesions on the leaf blades.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Dollar spot, its every where around here right now.

7. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

looks like dollar spot to me. when was the last fert app? it probably is running out of fert because they irrigate. put down some fert and it will grow out of it most likely.

8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Actually it should be good on the fert. I just put down Merit a couple of weeks ago with fert attached.

How well will it recover with treatment? Also, how do you guys price fungicide applications? Are they similar to grub control (2x fert)?

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

looks like dollarspot.
    Red thread is a remote possibility--it is heavy around here, in Michigan.

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on what product you use, the liquids are much cheaper than the granular. But it is definatley a premium service.

Check the watering schedule. Make sure they are not overwatering. We had a few of those cases and a few people that just cant get it thru their heads that 8PM is NOT the time to start the watering cycle.