Is this excessive or typical?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by whiffyspark, Mar 25, 2013.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

You said that the meter would be installed inside and the PVR installed outside. I'm assuming that the Meter will be installed in a basement?? Will the wall have to be cored? Are the lines plumbed in copper or PVC? Given that this quote is from a plumber it doesn't sound high. It sounds about exactly what I'd expect a plumber to charge.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Basement meters are standard issue in the Mid-Atlantic states. The second meter would be near to the first one. I would think it's for a split supply, and not just for a deduct meter.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Boots is right. Wall is already cored drilled. This is nothing more than splitting it in the basement
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

There can be a fair amount of work and expense in the split-meter install, and it all has to meet purveyor and municipal approval, so no soldered connections, and there might be little wiggle room with a through-the-wall supply, as pertains to splitting it.

5. whiffyspark

I'm waiting to hear back from another company that is friends of our back flow instructor.

Good lord this is how much I charged for the irrigation system lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

You would still need to go through the wall but that price is crazy. We tap and set backflows ourself but your local codes may not allow. Our water purveyors also don't accept deduct meters.

7. whiffyspark

I can do the backflow, it's the submeter I can't. I can't Ben get ahold of a submeter if I wanted to. Licensed plumbers only for that

I had actually never seen the wall core drilled already. It's a new development and the builder drilled every house
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

what they said, too cheap

You need more feathers and pelts for this job.

9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Yea but was it drilled for a pipe going out for irrigation?

10. whiffyspark

Yes it actually is. I'll try to upload a photo soon