Is this fair?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by blueturtle241, May 6, 2007.

1. blueturtle241

blueturtle241 LawnSite Member

Woman needs about 15 yds of mulch spread throughout her yard. Also she needs about 300 feet or so of edging along with pruning some bushes and weeding out the flower beds before putting in the mulch. She is a widow and has three small kids, i figured i would give her a break and quoted her $1200 for the whole job including the mulch which came to about $300 for the kind she wanted. She had a fit when i told her all this..., i thought it was more than fair. Let me know what y'all think.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

It is more than fair. Walk.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Its a business... not a charity. Its not like landscaping is a necessity to sustain life.

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll guess she will call you back when she checks out other prices.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Run Forest... Run!!

6. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Yep - more than fair - Roll on - she will call u soon. (if she really wants it done)

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

It is a necessity to sustain my life.

8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Youpe too?

Thats a fair price. I just sent out a bill for 1275 for 16 yards of mulch and edging. You have bush trimming too. Your price is in the right range. She just doesn't think it is worth it. Funny thing is, there is NO WAY I would pay someone 1200 bucks for something that is going to rot away/decompose.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

no kidding!

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto ... walk away from this one !!