Is this flyer ok?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KathysLGC, Dec 8, 2004.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

What should i change? I got my ole lady working on the legal stuff for me so i will have a Tax id and ins soon. I will also be LLC.
    What should i change/add? i will add graphics to the final. This is just something i typed up to get me started.

Attached Files:

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

When you say "other odd jobs" what do you mean? I run a lawn care, landscaping and snow plow business. "Other Odd Jobs" sounds more like a handy man to me. I don't want customers calling me to take out their trash and move their furniture around. I just think it sound unprofessional, almost like you'd do anything to make a buck. This is constructive criticism, don't take it the wrong way, but you may want to take another look at the services you want to sell and promote. The flyer itself will look great when you get your graphics in there. It's a good start. Don't forget to post the final product

3. KathysLGC

Yeah I see what you mean. I was thinking odd jobs as in minor deck repairs, x mas tree removal, etc. Things older folks can't do any more. I didn't want to make it with too much info. My target is a basic easy to read flyer.

4. Expert Lawns

maybe just put christmas

5. Expert Lawns

maybe just add "christmas decorations" and "power washing" This way they know you offer it and if they have questions they can call you and you can explain that while you're there you can dispose of their christmas tree for them etc

6. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

IMHO

I would consider changing the font at the top "E&S" the & sign looks confusing to someone who doesn't know the company name. It looks like a T or maybe an L.

Just a thought

7. KathysLGC

Ok made a few changes and thanks for the input! I will be changing my old name "A Cut Above" to E&S. Gotta include wifey..

Attached Files:

8. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

can you add a graphic such as a tree/ mower/ plow

something to catch the eye

9. KathysLGC

Yes I can but I haven't decided what i want yet. I want to keep it simple but catchy and i can do all the printing here at work. I will be doing them black and white for now. I don't think color makes a difference. I get flyers in the mail all the time both color and B/W and i throw them all out unless it's something i need like painting,plumming etc. Then i will look at them and maybe give them a call. I personally don't care for color flyers. I use a nice laser paper so when the potential customer holds my flyer they feel the silky paper.

I was thinking of taking a pic of my 5 year old with one of those Fisher Price bubble lawn mowers and putting it in the back round as a light water mark. Just a thought tho. Maybe have him following on of my stripes making it look like he made the stripes while his mower is blowing bubbles...

10. Expert Lawns

Edgar I hope you don't mind, but I played with a bit. This is a lot like one of our flyers that we have great success with. Maybe you can get a few ideas from this. I just shifted a few things around, changed a few fonts, did some bullets etc.

Attached Files: