is this good deal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Guye, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Lawn Guye

Lawn Guye LawnSite Member

i have been looking for a trailer in last couple of weeks and found a 5x8 with back gate ,metal sides, 3500 lb axle for $1000 brand new is that a good deal
  2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Not a great deal, and a little small. Prices may be different in different areas, but I bought a new 6.5 X 10 w/ rear gate and 16" sides for $1,000 + tax. Of course that was before steel went up.
  3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 6.5x10, rear ramp, 7k axle WITH BRAKES for $1000 new last year. I would look around a little, and depending on what you're hauling and pulling with, probably a little bigger.
  4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Around me i can get one of those for 875. Like mattfromNY said look around, check ebay.
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

prices are high up north?

i paid $1000 for a 6x16 open, tandem axle, 7000lb axles, brand new in Alabama
  6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I look around, but not that far south! BUT, maybe I could get you to deliver me one out of the goodness of your heart?!? LOL.
  7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Not a very good deal but I'm not in Boise either so not sure about price in that area. I bought my 6.5' x 16 tandem axle trailer w/drop down gate for $905.00 last summer and a 5 x 10' tilt bed for $450.00 a few years ago. I bought mine in MO right from the factory. M&M Trailer Manufacturing, Sikeston, MO. They are well built trailers and for the money their hard to beat. Oh and the axles on 16' are 3,500 lb and the tilt bed 1,500

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

No deal,very small you know what size will work for you.
  9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

By metal sides do you mean that its an enclosed trailer? If thats the case 1000 isn't a bad price but if its open 1000 is pretty high for a 5x8, just keep in mind you may need something a little bigger eventually and it might not cost that much more for say a 6X12.
  10. Lawn Guye

Lawn Guye LawnSite Member

Thanks i think prices are here are very high i have look at serval dealers and some used trailers but all the used ones look like **** and they want like 750 for them i have thought about ordering them online but there is still shipping unless you guys might have one for sale at a good deal.