Is This Good Pay??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by backtobasicslawncare, Sep 15, 2007.

1. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

i dont use my equipment i just used his weedeater. im 18

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I know some companies start their guys as low as $7 per hour and some start them as high as $18 per hour. I would guess the average starting wage is somewhere around $10-$12 depending on experience.

3. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

i thought since i had experince i would least get $10 hr.

4. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Get out of this business now!!!! If this guy can get away with hosing you this bad, and you have to ask, I shudder to think what the general customer is doing to you.
    I think you could make more at McDonalds.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

The guys is 18. He has plenty time to learn. IMHO it is not really necessary that he quit the business, or quit the employee gig, although he might consider that possibility. They don't hand anybody a silver platter with everything on it just right. All experience is valuable. He has to decide if he is learning enough from the experience to make it worthwhile for him.

Plus everybody needs to have a life and working six days and then Sunday for 8 buck an hour don't leave a lot of time for enjoyment.

Of course if Sunday is double time, that makes it easier to give up some enjoyment.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, this sounds very low for someone with experience !!

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I started at 8/hr, part time when I was 15. Now I get at least 11/hr part time. And I'm 18. So, yeah you should get more.