1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this good?(please read)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Sep 2, 2007.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

So today I sit down and start reading the paper and I peek in the market places section and I find a 15/48 Exmark for sale...I gave the guy a call and asked wat he was asking. He said 1,800 and said it has never been used and that he bought 2 of them off a closing exmark dealership and only needed one so he is selling the other...so i guess wat i am asking is is a 15/48, fixed deck,2005(with ecs) never used for 1,800 a good buy? I was looking to purchase another wb and just found this one...
  2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

what model is it, i would think even fixed deck and gear drive this would still be good.
  3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

if it's never been used that's a great deal. my 15/36inch with jungle wheel after tax... etc was around $3500. mine has the "pistol grip" handles too.... not the ECS.
  4. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

I was given a price of $2999 for the metro, gear drive, fixed deck 48", ecs. So that would be a great price. If it is the Viking, Hydro tranny fixed deck than that is a awesome deal!($5xxx price)
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Go there quickly w/ cash in hand... if it has < 250 hrs, thats a great price... and if its the kaw, that is plenty of motor for the 48 belt.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a good price as long as its legit and not stolen. Sounds like BS kinda. If it sounds to go to be true, it usually is IMHO. Good luck.