Is this illegal?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, Sep 2, 2006.

1. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

I want to use the idea of the flyer with the rubber band for the door knob (is like to make a less expensive door hanger) but I was thinking to put them on the mail box flag(not inside the mail box itself) but I was wondering is this illegal or im ok?

And also im thinking to call the business :

Best Lawn Care or Green Hills Lawn Care Any comments for logos? and about wish name sounds better?

Any comments gonna be appreciated.

Have a nice weekend guys:dancing:

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think its still Illegal even if it's on the outside. Im not 100% sure though. Hey...I like Green Hills Lawn Care

3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

From what I read on here everybody says it's Illegal. If you put them on the door do what I do. I slid it between the jam.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yes it is VERY ILLEGAL. Nothing can even touch any part of the mailbox (inside or out) inlcuding the door or flag or even any part of the post (exact approved Newspapers in an approve newspaper box) without paid postage.

5. green boy1

Yea I like Green Hills lawn Care but I was thinking on a "Phrase" for the name and is a litter difficult for me to find one but for Best Lawn Care I was thinking the "Phrase":"The name says it all"

6. WJW Lawn

Yea It seems what the other guys are saying is that it is Illegal---and it makes sense that it would be. Ive never touched mailboxes except to open mine..lol...so your best bet would be on the door.

About your name...now that you put out the phrase...Best Lawn Care strikes me a little better. "The name says it all" is pretty catchy....I like it. Hmm.. I change my vote to Best. Good Luck to you! Where in NC are you?? Raleigh here.

7. WJW Lawn

Hey Mike...Ive always wondered what your "signature" would look like if you listed all your equipment! hahaha I think that would fill a whole thread!

8. green boy1

Yea first I was thinking to use Green Hills but then I thinks about the phrase is like u said catchy

And Thomasville here. Im gonna shoot for some areas around town but more to the High Point area and Greensboro area also.

9. WJW Lawn

Yea it is catchy. Good luck to you brutha!

10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Best Lawn Care. You better be if you have the name. Green Hills is better. We have a Best out here and they suck. Professional Performance is another I've seen out here too.