1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this just a clickky little group in The P/W section ?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by capt bob, Sep 10, 2012.

1. capt bob

capt bob LawnSite Member

I came over here introduced myself showcased my equipment , Posted again about a job I was and am doing and you guys dont even say Boo , What gives
    I took a shower , I work real hard still nothing , I have been doing this for many years and have a lot of Knowledge building all my equipment weld my own trailers thought some of that might be a little interesting but Guess I am not part of Your Clique ......... , or maybe you are not interersted in some techniques
    with chemicals . i have developed so will make ya happy so the 3-4 that actually say something can keep talking without me.

I Have been enjoying and contributing on the Lawn side no stuck up's
    over their seems like nice helpful folks active posts good answers ,
    But when I share anymore PW info/ pointers it will be on PTState.com

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Honestly i just think there are only a small handful of power washing guys here, and they probably don't post much to begin with. I woulden't take offence to it, the power washing section is always dead.
  3. lkendall

lkendall LawnSite Member

hey man, I think that guys right, most of the posts are kind of old.. Most pw guys are on thegrimescence or other pressure washing blogs..
  4. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

I did not see the post, if I had of I may of responded. Not aware of a clique.
  5. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Agree, if nobody goes to PW section & posts on your thread it will just get burried on the new posts by lawncare. If you post in PW you may have to "bump" a few times to get it to stay toward top of new posts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You guys just don't have the colorful characters found here in LS. PW takes a little more money to get into right. You don't see 4 at every stop light like grass cutters. Smaller demographic.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

yea i wouldn't really be upset. theres hardly anyone posting anything here. pay attention there are 2 3 and 4 days go by without a post
  8. capt bob

capt bob LawnSite Member

No worries , Patriot to answer your question the start up is about what a brand name
    Big deck mower would cost you less trailer of course but the money is not steady like lawns
    And if you are doing Commercial lots of late nights and weekends cause you can't work while places are open very often ,It would be difficult to sustain myself on P/W alone
    I had set both the Lawn and pressure business to keep me busy between Charters but now these have become my mainstay

Pressure washing and gutter cleaning is 20% of my income. I just bid gutters on 3 apartment complexes and that got me in the door to bid on the landscaping, snow removal on all of them and the pressure washing on 1.

Theres a lot less competition in my area for pressure washing and I close a high percentage of estimates but for some reason I only land about 1 out of 5 commercial accounts.

The start up is lower but if you bid places that you have to reclaim then its more.