1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this Mower Good ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EsoScapes, May 23, 2007.

1. EsoScapes

EsoScapes LawnSite Member

Hey, I am just about to purchase my first ever walk behind. I got a really good deal from a guy in Miami at a store called: " Jupiter Lawn & Garden " He is offering me a brand new Piranha 36" Walk Behind Mower for $2099.00.
    I am new to the business and I dont know anything about mowers so can you please tell me if this is a good buy. If not please direct me towards making a better purchase. I am working at a very low budget, so I want a mower not more than $2000.00.

Any help and advise is appreciated.
  2. thebeans

thebeans LawnSite Member
    from SW, VA

For that price you could have a Quick 36. It has a hydro instead of the belt drive on the Piranah and is highly respected by those who have them. You can see them at www.betteroutdoorproducts
  3. EsoScapes

EsoScapes LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there have any experience wahtso ever with those Quick 36 mowers that beans is talking about ? Please help me ??? I dont want to make a bad buy :confused:
  4. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I've never used one but they get talked about considerably on this forum and I have yet to see anyone say anything negative about them. Just search and you'll find countless threads on them.
  5. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Quick 36 Samurai, great mower don't by the pirannah you will be dissapointed. Get a Quick 36 Easy to operate, plenty of power, and you can actually change the height of the cut while on the job, unlike the pirannah.