1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

is this mower worth it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nubbie, Mar 25, 2002.

1. nubbie

nubbie LawnSite Member

I just talked to a guy who has a 1994 Exmark 36" fixed deck. Low hours (only used twice a week for 5hrs at a time). One brand new bagger and the old bagger. All service and warranty logs for $850.00. Is it worth it?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

run it and make sure its good and all but yes it sounds real good

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like he said, run it first!!! Sounds like a good deal to me also.

4. Bladewielder

Bladewielder LawnSite Member

Go price a new one. If the difference is big and the shape of the used one is acceptable go for it- if used daily nothing is new for long anyway.

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can afford a new one, DEFINETLY buy a new one. Especially what we put equipment through!!! I'm saying if you can't afford new equipment and looking to save some $$$ it sounds like a good price.

6. nubbie

nubbie LawnSite Member

I went and ran it and it is great shape. The reason for the purchase of this mower is to use on the gov't contract I just got. Some really bad lawns and I do not want to risk tearing up my new toro Z.

7. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a 95 model JD 14hp 48" cut wb that has a deck that was puton it last year for 1100.00. with only 375 hours so go from there.

I don't think it is too bad.

Jim