Is this mower worth the money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EliteImpressions, Oct 3, 2007.

1. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Theres a 2003 great dane super surfer 52" with 1300 hrs for $2500. Is this a good price. I thought so but wasnt sure about the cut of a great dane. havent heard people talk about them.

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3 surfers an they rock , great machine for the money an longivity. I have one unit that has 2350 plus hours an its used everyday! I love the stand on feature especially for commercial sites where trash is a problem , you can get on an off unit quickly! No up an down like a sit down rider an if ya get in hairy situation you can bail off the machine real quick an easy! see ya George

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nevermind i dunno wth I'm talking about (deleted)

4. EliteImpressions

from Jersey

Its a stander

5. EliteImpressions

from Jersey

My yards would only be 6k. Is this overkill? Im not looking to do huge properties, as of now anyway.

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

everything with my surfers fro small to large !!

7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I think the super surfers are only about 5ooo new at Lesco so I would suck it up and by new if I wanted one.

8. grasskicker71

grasskicker71 LawnSite Member

I'm a good ways from you, but I have one for-sale on here with under 800 hours.I'm asking $3000 OBO 61" deck 23 HP Kawasaki.

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a new one, thats no deal my friend. Check your local papers. Be patient this is the time of the year where guys start to sell alot of used equipment.

10. Laurentian

Laurentian LawnSite Member

I think in 2003 they were still making Generation 1 Super Surfers. I bought a 23hp kaw, 52 super surfer and I think its the best mower in my garage. I also have a Toro and Ferris. Its fast easy to see things in the lawn, get on and off to move things in the lawn and is fun to operate. I highly recommend them. I paid $7000 for mine. I think they might be talking about the one lesco had for sale which was a 19hp motor. I wouldn't run 52" cut without at least a 23hp. 1300 hours are alot of hours though. I think its a good deal.