Is this ok (pictures)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JCee, Apr 1, 2006.

1. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Wondering if you guys thought that this passes as ok for a dethatch/spring clean up. They have before and after pics...Opinions are appreciated...Oh yeah, in the second before picture, half the lawn is already ran over with the power rake...

before1.jpg

after1.jpg

before2.jpg

after2.jpg

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Looks acceptable to me for what its worth (not alot:laugh: )

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

how long did it take you do run the power rake over that lawn? and then clean up the thatch afterwards? thanks

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It does look a little different and I would also like to know how long it took ya:confused:

5. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, even though my yard is dark green already. I did that a month ago and now it is green and already mowed it 3 times.

6. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

well the power rake is 19inch path, and its just a push, so im sure you can figure it out per lawn, and then I suck everything up with a exmark 48inch with a trac vac.. One pass with each...the first one prolly 45 minutes total the second little over an hour....

are you saying that this does not look like an acceptable dethatch, because if it doesnt I am going to stick that 750 dollar power rake right up the guy's a** that I bought it from (it does pull up a good amount of thatch but it is definitely the less intrusive of all the power rakes)

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks fine to me.

8. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

you need to edge the curb

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm NOT being rude, just honest as that is what helps businesses versus "feel good comments". That said, I can't really tell much of a difference in the before and after other than you can tell a mower has gone across it in the afters.

10. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't look to bad...but i am with mmlawn, it doesn't look like alot was done, just my opinion take it or leave it