1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this possible???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rpatrizio, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rpatrizio

rpatrizio LawnSite Member

I set my son up with 15 accounts a few years ago. He just called me to tell me my echo trimmer which was sitting in the bed of my Ram 1500 just bonced completely out of the truck and got smashed up and is broke.

Is it even possible the whole thing can completely bounce out of the truck bed?

Wish this kid took care of my equipment the way he takes care of his S*%T.

2. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

tailgate down perhaps?

3. rpatrizio

rpatrizio LawnSite Member

He said no. My bet is he put it half way in with the engine head sticking out.

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

he was prolly out baja-ing

5. tmetz

tmetz LawnSite Member

Tell him to buy himself his own new trimmer, then he will take care of it...

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well I don't know how possible it is but I have NEVER in 9 years had ANY of my equipment
    bounce out of either truck or trailer and I keep a LOT of ch!7 up in there most of it unsecured.
    Then again with small exception I paid for everything I own with my own hard earned money.

Only thing I can think of is he had to have hit a bump REALLY hard.

You know what I really think?
    He ran over it LOL and don't wanna fess up to his stupidity.
    Now that, I've done as much.

But I'll tell you something else...
    This is the reason why bailouts don't work.

Yup, pretty much.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  7. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know, but have seen 2 x 6 and 2 x 8 "gates" on trailers slide completely up and out of the channels and fall on the road. My guess is if a bump and vehicle speed is just right it could happen but it is unlikely.

8. SperaLandscaping

SperaLandscaping LawnSite Member

Not possible.

9. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Yea iv gone across some railroad tracks before a little fast (30mph) and had one of the back gates on the trailer fall down. It's got a 5lb pin that's atleast 10 inches long pop out of the whole so i'm guessing if he hit a bump hard enough then it could possibly come flying out but i doubt it.

10. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Remember a trailer doesn't have shocks. The trimmer was in the back of the truck bed.