is this priced right

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packey, Dec 8, 2009.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking around for a wb and i came across a 07 Yazoo-kees I think it is the last year they built wb's. The price the person wants is 2200. the hour meter is showing 140 hours. it is a 48 inch deck with a velky. The paint is nearly flawless and the engine runs like new. This is a hydro unit as well. The question I have is this a fair price or could I do better. I have already asked and no the will not go any lower.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I suggest taking a tour of the nearest outdoor power equipment dealership to get some ideas.

3. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

Done that already. I have been quoted everything from 3800 on a cub cadet belt drive to 6000 on a exmark metro 48 hydro. I was wanting to get some feed back from others who deal with this type of equipment on a regular basis.

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The price sounds fair. Will parts be readily available for a discontinued model?

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It seems as though you have answered your own question... can't find anything cheaper... must be a fair price...

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What does this tell you, in terms of price, in regards to the Yazoo-kees?
    When comparing what you know from your trip to the dealer to that Yazoo-kees,
    what conclusions can you draw from it?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I know the answer to your question, but I want you to learn how I arrived at this answer,
    I realize my answers come across as smart but know that in the long run I feel you would
    likely benefit far more doing things this way.

Peace