1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this safe?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jf69, Jan 14, 2013.

1. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I agree to drop it if possible, but wouldnt stress if you can't, I've seen trailers sitting way steeper than that, just keep more weight at front if possible. But yes sway is increased in it just looks kinda funny.

2. jf69

jf69 LawnSite Member

How much sway do think there will be, never have to do more than 30mph with the trailer

3. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Probably not much, unless you have a z-turn parked at the back, and if you never go on the highway, it should be fine, pull the trailer around and see, Im sure you are stressing for no reason, but if you can lower the hitch I would.

4. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll be fine, just make sure you have enough tongue weight or it'll sway on you t high speeds. If it were a dual axle you would have bad tire wear but a single axle you'll be fine.

5. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess im a better safe than sorry type of guy but i would try to drill some holes and lower the pintle/ball down to make the trailer level. Why chance it?? it wouldnt take but an hour or two. when they tip up like that it puts a lot of stress on the coupler mechanism.

6. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

You got that right, then it pops off when you go over a train track and bent the poop out of the jack, lol, happens.

7. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Way overloaded, dude.

8. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

That's a good friend!

9. jf69

jf69 LawnSite Member

Is it difficult to drill 1/4 inch steel?

10. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Not really, just need the proper bit, makes all the difference, maybe some cutting/drilling oil, but drilling horizontally it might just spill off anyway.