Is this the Future?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Jan 6, 2014.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn mowing is not listed as a service they provide. Nice idea but not I doubt it will work out.

3. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

It could work seeing how there's very low costs associated with running the business. They could add electric mowers charged by solar or a nice reel mower if they wanted to do mowing. Definitely limited to small jobs though.

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

there was a guy on here who had a nice all electric setup.. wonder how that worked out. can't find the thread, but i know its on here somewheres.

5. larryinalabama

Is that the feller with the Smart Car?

I don't know if he made it or not, even Smart Cares aren't free, and it would take a lot of Solar Panels to keep enough batteries charged to make a living.

Seriously when I reach my 60s Im getting a small truck or van and run a 21" mower and just do small yards.

6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I'm in my 60's, and the last thing I want to do is run a 21" mower. :)

7. szykan

szykan LawnSite Member

Not me. I saw them on news before and googled them

http://www.lawncareservicemo.com/

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that guy with all electric setup probably does good. he lives in a big city though where the yards are tiny and people are more aware of things like the environment.

you just mow all the yards with those battery powered mowers. just have enough spare batteries to last through the day.

I know where we live no one cares about the environment very much or even thinks about it. they drive around without mufflers on their trucks and such. :laugh:

9. larryinalabama

WTF u need a muffler for? Ya folks in our aera just want their homes to look nice. I think Ive seen 1 Smart car drive through.

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I second this thought. I quit pushing a mower many years ago.