Is this the rite time

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Borinquen7, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Borinquen7

Borinquen7 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I have been on this site.Glad to be back.
    I was wondering with all thats going on with the economy, if this is the rite time to start a lawn service bizz. I started landscaping when I was 18 all the way to 30 then decided to change jobs to be a cabinet maker. I love it, The problem is no one is spending money rite now, and we are to an almost complete stop, atleast here in south florida. I understand that the grass still grows but with people saving for what might be ahead, is the lawn service feeling the crunch.. Also in your opinion, what would be a great resource for me to check out, if I do decide to ahead.. I am interested in numbers in $'s to start up, what to expect and pricing and so on. I know a few are advertised here but I want to hear from you guys.. Thanks ahead ..
    Cruz

2. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you enjoy Cabinet work, I would consider expanding into furniture refinish and repair. Im sure you have heard of furniture medic, its pretty big in florida.
    I work part-time for a furniture medic franchise and there business and profit is outragious! If you added it to cabinet making, Im sure you would be satisfied with the outcome.