is this the time of season to approach new clients?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tsi guy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. tsi guy

tsi guy LawnSite Member

I have stop and called a few appartment complexes to see if there where interested in a quote for the up coming season, and they said thats to far a head. try back around march or a couple of weeks before they need cut.they said most people are worried about winter and spring is to far a head. I don't think it's that far ahead, so I'm just curious when is the right time to solicite your services

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

never stop......

3. naturesway

naturesway LawnSite Member

I would send stop by and then send them something in the last few weeks in February. Think of how many people they might have told to come back in March. Always stay ahead of your compitition!

4. naturesway

naturesway LawnSite Member

Send stop, What the **** sorry. I ment stop by and send them any info about your co. in Feb.

5. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Around these parts they accept bids anywhere from September to early March. Everyone does it different. I even found an apartment complex that starts their contract in June. Meaning they might switch LCO's in the middle of the year!!

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

everyday of every year is the time to approach potential new customers...assuming you are looking for the work.

7. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Too early? I sent out my first 3 bids all the way back in November. Sent out 7 more last week. Looking to do the rest the first weekend in February.

8. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I start around the second week in Febuary

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

This is kind of a hit and miss topic....

Some Co's "that I have submitted bids too" Only take them in Jan. then there are others like you stated they dont want to be bothered wiht this untill it's time to cut...

So what I have learned is Like Albery's Lawn & Tractor said...... NEVER STOP