Is this time of year any good for new clients???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southtx, Nov 10, 2007.

1. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

As of right now things are slowing down for me just do to weather and fall...but I want more. I have a part of town that I would like to move into and grow in but like I said do to weather I'm sure its going to be ruff. My idea is to pass out door hanger advertising fall cleans up, landscape renovations and lawn care. I know down here in texas we don't have anything like you boys up north have when it comes down to leaves but still people need lawns mowed and cleaned. What are some ideas to push for the fall season's??? Some that I have are fall clean ups,aeration,bed work,mulch and landscape renovation. My plane is to stick it out in this part of town and make my name know in the area...I have a good list of 40 but with time I want to cut out the bad and replace with the good...So any information and tips would help. I have some ideas for next season and this is the first on the list to get the ball rolling.

2. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

The more they see your name the more they know you and the more chance they will call you. Put the door hangers up and hit the same house a few times a few weeks apart.

3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me, I'd ask my customer base if they know anybody that wants quality lawn care like they are receiving from you. Ask them if you can drop their name on the intro when you ring the doorbell.

4. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Thanks two seasons for the information...the only thing that I find that wont work for me is that their freinds live sometimes on the other side of town. This year has given me a taste of what its like to run 10-14 yards in on block or two and I want more. I want to move into these new areas due to the quilty of the area. I have found out that I can make more money and spend less drive time and fuel...whichs mean more profit for me. As of right now I work in two areas of san antonio and I would like to make a tighter route and have top quilty clients. As of right now I have 2-3 areas that I would like to drop door hangers in but like I said I just want to make myself stand out more then the next guy.