1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

is this to much money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Nov 15, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i recently ordered a striping kit from my dealer 65 dollars was it to much i have a gravely 36":confused: also does anyone have any experience with gravely striping kits do they work well?
  2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you spell punctuation?
    OK, you don't have to spell it, can you please learn to use it.:)
  3. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

can you spell jerk?
    you don't have to spell it and you don't have to be one either...give him a break, he is just trying to ask an honest question...

re the question, sorry i cannot help you...
  4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

what is included in "the kit"...a roller? baffles? on the surface doesn't sound like you paid too much..I paid much more for kit for a Z
  5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

So steveo, you can be no help to the question, you just like name calling. I'm not your willing target, do not name call, OK bud.

Pointing out to someone that the way they post is very difficult to read when it's one long sentence, is attempting to help get his question read in the first place.

Lots of folks type like they talk, and it's hard to read. Just like all caps, many won't even read if it's posted that way.
  6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Goat you could have phrased the ? in a nicer way
    and Steve no need to call him a jerk. So you both get a 5minute time out
  7. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Stiping kits for the larger Z's are about $150? i'm guessing your striping kit for $65 is pretty ballpark....give or take.

8. chines63

chines63 LawnSite Member

No name calling, right
    now olderthandirt, how old is that
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

If I am correct the gravely striping kit are just a mud flap type material bolted on to lay the grass in particular direction. I would say you could make a better one for the same or less but not seeing these in action I don't know if that would be right. Please attach a pic so we can see what you are talking about and if you do get please let us know how they work. Everything you buy is only worth it if it does a good enough job that you are satisfied.
  10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Economically speaking...

They asked a price and you bought it...

you swapped "x" dollars for "y" product, so whether x product was priced fairly or not, you voted "yes" with your dollars.