Is this too cheap or is this a pos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freddy_Kruger, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

2006 ARIENS HVZ (High Value Zoom) Lawn tractor. 23HP, 50in. cut. Regular: $4179.00 Sale: $3895.00 CAD
    [​IMG]

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Don't see a pic :nono:

3. boony

boony LawnSite Member
    from sk

I was wondering the same. it's $3999 where i live.

hvz2350.jpg

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey that looks pretty nice for the money but I cannot side discharge, I wonder how or if it can mulch?

(btw, anything with 4 wheels looks nice to me I'm so sick of walking :()

5. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

looks cheap to me not commercial quality.

6. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Maybe not cheap...but I don't think it is built like the rest of the commercial lines. It may suit your needs though...and if it does, then great!

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Gravely dealer. That is designed for homeowner use. It is not a commercial duty machine by any means.
    Yes, you can mulch with it. They have a mulch kit available..

8. CletusT

CletusT LawnSite Member

For that price range I think I'd look at either the Hustler Mini Fastrack, or the Toro Timecutter ZX series. Both are residential, but look to have more commercial qualities than the Ariens you show.

I looked at both and finally ended up with a Timecutter zx480 for my 1.7 acre (1.3 of grass) yard. I have to admit that the people on this site are right, Z's are awesome.

9. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Well.. I cant say that I would buy it, however it does look pretty well built with a few exceptions, such as the stamped deck.

It looks, more or less, like a gravely ztr, which stands to reason, Gravely and Ariens are the same outfit.

10. Kel108

Kel108 LawnSite Member

I am considering the Ariens ZTR too - locally it's $3300 - i am caught up in whether to get commerical grade for a homeowner mowing 2 acres or something like this...I also like the Ferris IS 1500 which has some really good reviews. I am testing it out this weekend but it is also about $6000. Is the additional quality worth it? thx