1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this too much truck for me?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Element Property Mgmt, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Element Property Mgmt

Element Property Mgmt LawnSite Member

my business is mainly lawn care so i will be towing light to moderate loads on a daily basis, small trailer & single mower. i do however do small landscape projects, tree work, mulching, lot clearing, and plowing. i never know when i will need to tow a skid steer or a ton of wood.
    here is the truck i am looking at

everything seems good about the truck as far as what i want, but my main issue is going to be fuel costs for a rig like this running daily. is it worth it?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

What are you going to put on the back?
  3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

You can never have too much truck. I'd run a friggin' 18-wheeler if I could. :laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. It's never too much truck.
  5. Element Property Mgmt

Element Property Mgmt LawnSite Member

on the back i would rig up some kind of flatbed with removable side gates
  6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Rig up a dovetail on it and eliminate the trailer if your only running one mower.

Looks like it will work just fine
    Definitely not to much of a truck for what your doing
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

as stated theres no such thing as too much truck. all that fuel burned is well worth it when you really need it
  9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Perfect truck IMO. You can set it up exactly how you want it on the back. What does something like that sell for if you don't mind me asking?
  10. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

looks like a great truck. Plus that 5.7 350 motor is tough. And parts are cheap. And the 4l80e tranny is bullet proof behind that motor.