1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this too much (website)

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

2. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little over kill to me, I think future clients might get lost in this site. What is your goal with this site, a forum or advertisement for new clients?
  3. ChadsLawn

Both. There is so much I can do with this application. Someone can spend alot of time on this site, just looking around. Its truley a place of entertainment, info and like you said advertisement.
    My one customer Loves it.(shes like in her 70's) She wants me to add games to it.Which I will, flash games are fun and dont take alot of bandwidth.

Damn this sounds like a sales pitch :rolleyes: . No im not trying to sell it. You can download it for free.

Oh as far as getting lost. Im going to add to the main page some navagation help.
  4. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Agree with Martin, way to much going on here, what is this? The site in itself is nice, but for a lawnservice company? Way over kill imo. Most people that do goto a site for our type of business want to view it for a few reasons, pictures, information on how to contact you and thats pretty much it... just my opinion.
  5. Partsguru1

Partsguru1 LawnSite Member

I'm in agreement with the previous posts. I spent about 30 seconds, thinking what is this and clicked it off. No way will this work for the majority of customers. People won't spend the time to navigate it or figure it out. Way too busy to mess with it. Just my .02 worth. Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Had a hard time finding any info on your lawn care

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I just noticed-- The site is going to go Downhill fast---- Sheshovel just joined!!:laugh:
  8. ChadsLawn

thanks for the replies. Ill put the original up.
  9. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like a lot going on, but it's different! Give it a try!!!
  10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I think it is a going to be a cool site if you started it just for the heck of it and to have fun? But in all honesty I think you need to have a business advertising site separate from this one