is this too pushy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 1, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was thinking, when i send out my xmas cards to my customers, i think i'll enclose a self addressed stamped envelope with the words "xmas tip" written on it. what do you think?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

You're too much! Thanks for the chuckle... :laugh:

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

With the relationship that you say you have with your customers, Im' sure that they would appreciate it. That is very thoughtful of you... saving them 37 cents.

OR......will ther be a stamp surcharge on their next bill. LOL

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

It's worth a shot Bobby besides what's the worst that could happen??? A customer tosses the envlope in the trash & says "screw him!" he gets enough of my money.

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby.... I think you're not drinking enough beer tonight. You have to be more specific. Remember, the customers are always right. They would think you want them to give you a tip on how to take better care of their yard.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think so.

7. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Dam I knew I forgot something. Of course when you say tips you mean free advice right. Good one Bob. :p

8. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

is it really a tip when your basically asking for it or just really strongly suggesting it.

its like when you go to some of the restaurants that automatically take 15 percent of your bill as a tip. you have no say in it

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i just received my annual newspaper delivery guy's blank index card with nothing more than his home address on it. he just rubberbands it to the paper. classy...

i've never seen or talked to the guy, have half-assed service, yet come christmas that's what he does. maybe this year i just attach a stamp to it, and right "great job as usual" on it.

10. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

You will most likely get a complaint/suggestion in writing rather than a face to face complaint.

I do this in June, when they see you they smile at you and be polite but,

when the postcard comes its.."I don't want you running over in prized Irises"

or "don't track dog-crap on my driveway" or "don't try to cut my trees in half

with your weed eater".

It gives them a way of saying you're the cheapest guy around and to start

paying fning attention. :p