Is this trailer reasonably priced?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I called a local trailer place today to get a quote on a 5' X 10' Utility Trailer with ramp gate. They quoted me $1135.00. Here's the details.

5' X 10'
    14" Tires
    12" Tall side rails
    wood floor
    I think 3500lb axle and 2990 GVWR

Does the GVWR sound correct or is that probably what is can support? Does this price sound reasonable, good, or bad? Thanks for your opinions guys.

2. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

preety reasonable ive seen some for 999

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2 year old 6.5x12 trailer that is for sale for $600 that is less than 30 minutes away from you. PM me if you want more info.

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Howie, I have a 5x10 with rear ramp gate, new treated lumber deck, 3500lb axle and 15" tires for sale for $700. I am a bit further from you than MacLawn in NE Ohio. I think $1135 is a bit on the high side as that trailer new here goes for about $950.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds high shop a little.

6. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I paid $840 for mine with a steel deck 2 years ago. It had the same specs.

7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Why so small? Atleast get a 6X12 that's considered a standard trailer (can fit a 60" z). If you buy that, in a couple months time you'll be shopping for a new one.

8. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Exactly what I was thinking!

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

He doesnt have a ztr yet, why need a 6x12 for push mores man? Anyway, price sounds a little steep, even if new and immaculate condition. Might consider a good used trailer.

10. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

i can't believe that trailer is that much. when i bought my 5x10 i got it for 585plus taxes and it was brand new except it had a 2000 pound axle. then i upgraded to a 6.5x16 for 2100 with a one electric brake axle and it has been a great trailer