is this truck worth it

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PORTER 05, Sep 11, 2007.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

1994 GMC HD RACK BODY DUMP $9000

Green w/Black Body, Tan Interior
    6.5 Turbo Diesel
    Automatic
    Recent Inspection
    12' Dump Body
    9 Ft. Curtis Plow
    15,000 GVW Heavy Duty Frame
    Heavy Duty Suspension
    New front brakes and Glow plugs
    71,000 miles

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Might have just been a plow truck so it might be beat, but it seems like an ok price

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

A/C and cd player work? Seems like a fair price.

4. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the truck sitting on 107 in salem?

5. PORTER 05

i dont know is it???...i saw it in an add

planning on buying our second dump-truck within the next 6 months, so im looking into it, wasmnt planning really on buying somthing this soon, but it just seemed like a good deal, havnt actually seen it in person..if youve seen it how does it look, wouldnt mind you telliing me how she looks or maybe next time you drive by stopping and letting me know wat you think, that would be a HUGE help...

any idea how the 6.5 L diesels are , ive never heard to much about them

i remember some guys saying somthing about them not being so great???
    but then again people say that about everyting....

6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if its the one in salem then ya i know the truck, if it is let me know ill grab a picture or two for you tomorow. It looks like its not that beat up but i havent looked at it close yet.

7. PORTER 05

well like i said i dont know if it is or not.... check my first post here and see if it matches up with the truck there,94 GMC HD 3500 dually 12 FT rack body green cab, black body, with wheel simulators, that a pritty rare truck, do you think that maches wat you saw...

where is it again?

i live close to the NH border so salem isnt to to far but if ive got someone that drives by it alot and can tell me what they think that would be great thanks for the help!!!

8. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i heard the 6.5 diesels had alot of problems with the electrical

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The engines are not that great just be prepared to deal with electronic fuel injection pumps failing. Also expect to replace the engine at 133,000 miles most of them in my area barely make 200,000kms (124,000 miles). Especially in a heavy truck like the 3500HD.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Beware of the engine. I have heard many bad things about the the 6.5 diesels made before 97.5-98 model year. Many of them that I see need rebuilds early. GravelRat might be on the long side of milage wise. I've seen some need rebuilds at 65-90k. That seems to be average for the older ones around here.