Is this true?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Aug 29, 2005.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=709929

Are Lesco's really that cheap?? I think I might need to take a ride a go check these things out. For that price I see no reason not to add it to my fleet. It seems almost too good to be true.

I have searched and everyone seems pleased with theirs. Any complaints??

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I would call them and ask before you get more excited then you are now.

John

3. splatz100

I know that EnvyLawnService was talking about this mower, and said it was cheaper then their 25/60

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

When I look at their site, that mower is listed at like $6299. Is the link that you provided showing their Commercial Customer price or something?

5. splatz100

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That price is for the 25hp Kawasaki 60" like I have.

The new WideTrack 28hp Generac 60" is now listed at $5,399.

Please see my post on the Lesco forum here that is titled "Z Two Confusion."

At GIE I saw the new 33hp 72" WideTrack Lesco... and I asked if the WideTrack would be an available option on the 60" like it already was on the Cub Commercial. I was told yes, that it was basically just like the 72" frame with a 60" deck, and also a Generac engine.

But later I was told that was a mistake and that it was not an option. So I went and bought the standard 25/60... only to find out myself a short time later that it was in fact listed as an option on Lesco's website when I was searching all the ZTR stuff (accesories & parts).

So, I returned to my old post here where I had previously confirmed it was not an option, and of course asked for an explaination. I could have really used the extra couple of hundred left in my pocket to buy some extra stuff at Lesco... and I could have really used the 3 extra HP... BUT MOST OF ALL, I REALLY WANTED THE WIDE TRACK.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Oh yeah, thanks...

That is the link to my post on Lesco's forum...

8. Envy Lawn Service

Boy.. now that's what I call IRONY! :cry:

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

So is the mower 5 grand or what????????

Howdy envy :waving:

10. Envy Lawn Service

The standard 25/60 is $6,299.

But if you check the link I put up that splaz reposted...
    You will see that the WideTrack 28/60 is listed for $5,399

Oh... no complaints at all about the mower or the Lesco location I decided to do business with instead of the one I 'thought' gave me bad info and then recanted it.

So yeah, take a ride with that item number in hand. The location I do business with makes my local dealers look bad from 80 miles away. Service, support, and parts delivery is great. So is the mower I have. In fact, at this point I wouldn't trade it for any other GAS mower on the market... well except the 28/60 Wide Track version...