is this was a snake that burn my grass?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by TTPRODR, Aug 4, 2009.

1. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

Ok i walk out the doo and saw this burned up spot on a shape of a big snake,is it possible that a snake could have created that?any suggestions please

DSC04248.JPG

DSC04249.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. cudaclan

cudaclan LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Yeah, a snake had spontaneous combustion.:rolleyes:
    More like an herbicide leak (sprayer) or gas run-off from an overfilled mower.

3. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

oh no dont tell me that,this mark is 17 feet long, i recently apply snake away because we found some small corn snakes which are not dangerous but if this is an snake and having pets and a small baby is scaring the hell out of me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  4. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

looks like someone may have been trying to spray yhe weeds in the rock beds and had a leaky wand

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

That or had weed killer on their shoes.

6. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

nope, unless someone was trying to do me a favor but I have not applied any pesticide or herbicide in my lawn or rocks.

7. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I agree, it is definitely looks like leak or run-off.

8. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

your telling me that you are weighing your options and you think it was a 17 foot snake over what these other guys are telling you? seriously doubt it

9. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

na im not telling you that.

yes it was gasoline out my trimmer, doing some rewinding on my memory now I remember that the cap came off loose around that area while trimming around last week and spill over,I appreciate everyone input,but definitely got a shape of snake and there is being few founds of phyton's recently around n.e fl so and just few weeks ago i found a corn snake in my kitchen but thats what this type of forums are all about for questions and answers suggestions and ideas.
    thanks a lot people.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Uff da...I am glad I do not live in your part of the country where slithering reptiles are bound to be found everywhere.