Is This Worth $3500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, May 21, 2006.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

This is a 2001 52" Toro that was used commercially for 390 hours. 23 or 25 HP Kohler, I am unsure. I think it said 700 and some CC's. It looks pretty beat up and I don't know for sure how well it was maintained. The guy said it had the oil changed ecvery 100 hours and new filters and the hydro fluid changed every year. The left side of the deck is curled where it was hit on something and the right side is missing the scalp wheel. I did not get a chance to cut with it, but it fired right up no problem. What do you think?

2. Husky03

Another shot

3. Husky03

Left Side Damage

4. Husky03

Pic of Kohler

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Since you asked.....I would rather buy a home depot cub cadet with the stamped deck than that thing. IT would save you $500 bucks too. I have a resi 50 inch home depot special....It now has 45 hours on it and still and champ cutting great.....just my 2 cents.
  6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

that machine needs a scalp wheel and a power washer and other than that it still looks like normal wear on it. i owend one and it cuts like a champ. for 3500 bucks seems like a good deal. def try to cut with it if you can b4 you buy it. btw those scalp wheels take a beating and they arent that strong so if they are brokien i wouldnt look at that as being beat on.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

3500 max, 3000 IMO more realistic. My dealer this spring gave me 3750 for a Ferris 1000Z with only 220 hours on it, 23 hp kawi, 61" deck. No damage on it whatsover and I am a maintenance freak when it comes to looking after our equipment.
  8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

it dosnt look bad to me - i have a 2001 toro 44 that i paid 3500 for in its in about the same condition except mine has new deck and spindles and tires. great machine
  9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

No it is not worth that....
  10. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

just looks a little dusty