is this worth bidding on

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

what the hell happened to the new mower lolz

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

The thing looks brand new with just a bunch of parts taken off. I don't think I'd pay over $100 for it.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That mower looks like it was a scavenger victim. The trans will be $200 at least. I think I'd offer him $100 also.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would say its worth a couple hundred since you have the parts to complete it.

6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Tranny should work. I'm sure you can make the casters work with a little creativity with the cut off wheel and a welder. Why not use the engine that is on the machine and swap the parts that it's missing from your old engine? If it were me I would go for it. Like it was said about that Husky is not worth much. I wouldn't lose sleep in a bidding war over it. Just my .02

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I think you could pull if off. The tranny will pop right in. The front casters probably only need to have new holes drill to bolt them to the deck. The engine may be able to be piece back together from your engine. Or just swap the engine out from yours and have a small engine shop go through it first to get it running.

I would pay $200 max. How far is it from you?