is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, so I had a client call me up last week, wanted a yearly contract for cut, blow, cleanup and once a month on trimming his hedges, gave him my price and he said his last guy was about 30 bucks cheaper..so i asked him what happened to him? He went on to tell me that he was just not happy with the results that the guy wouldn't stick to a schedule and come when ever, he did state that this was just recent and he did mention something to him and he has been doing good since, but his thing is, how long is it going to last.......now he agreed to my price but now I am thinking....why didn't this guy at least give his last guy another shot after telling him what he was unhappy with? Do I want to take this guys account...i mean if he rolls by and see's my truck out front an all an gets mad or does something stupid, or not even that, but just bad vibes....what do you all think?

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

There is you---- there is your customer... End of story.
    Someone hires you-- you go to work.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I put ads in the paper, customers call, if they agree to the price i cut for them. I'm sure they had someone before me. It's how business works.