1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is timing more important than mesage with Door hangers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by newguy123, Jan 8, 2013.

1. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

The title pretty much sums it up. But with door hangers, is the timing that you place them more important than the message that you have on them? I've read that the most important element is timing, then where you're placing them, and third is the message.

What is everyone's experience with this, true or not?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Timing is big. Around here if its to early people are still thinking snow. But in the spring if we get a couple of good days and people start to look around their yard to see what needs to be done. Best thing you can do is have all your stuff ready to go.

3. newguy123

Yeah I can understand that with the snow. So, then is timing still the biggest factor, the most significant?

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, to early and they just throw it out.

5. newguy123

Okay great point. Anyone else have any input on this subject?

6. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I think Timing is a huge factor. A lot of time I also think I could put whatever I wanted on there as long as the customer seen a price somewhere that's all they would read anyway.. LOL

7. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Timing is everything. Although some commercial properties around me start looking back in October for the coming year. Mostly budget apartments that want the cheapest rates...

8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I think timing too. And it's different every year.

9. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I have always considered something like door hangers to have more to do with branding and letting the customer see your name/logo, than actually pulling in business with them. The more times a prospect seems your branding the better.

If you happen to get business from them, it is just an added benefit.

10. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

i like that way of looking at it. great point man. In the long run, your investment will pay off.