Lawn Care Forum banner

Is timing more important than mesage with Door hangers?

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  sticklelm 
#1 ·
The title pretty much sums it up. But with door hangers, is the timing that you place them more important than the message that you have on them? I've read that the most important element is timing, then where you're placing them, and third is the message.

What is everyone's experience with this, true or not?

#3 ·
Timing is big. Around here if its to early people are still thinking snow. But in the spring if we get a couple of good days and people start to look around their yard to see what needs to be done. Best thing you can do is have all your stuff ready to go.
Yeah I can understand that with the snow. So, then is timing still the biggest factor, the most significant?

#8 ·
I think timing too. And it's different every year.

#9 ·
I have always considered something like door hangers to have more to do with branding and letting the customer see your name/logo, than actually pulling in business with them. The more times a prospect seems your branding the better.

If you happen to get business from them, it is just an added benefit.

#10 ·
I have always considered something like door hangers to have more to do with branding and letting the customer see your name/logo, than actually pulling in business with them. The more times a prospect seems your branding the better.

If you happen to get business from them, it is just an added benefit.
i like that way of looking at it. great point man. In the long run, your investment will pay off.

#15 ·
Door hangers sound like something that can really pay off if placed in the right neighborhood. It seems though, that alot of times the neighborhood you will target with your hangers will already have someone doing their lawn, so better be on your game when it comes to estimating.

Spencer Korum
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
This makes it all the better. I have left hangers while a crew was pulling up to the property. You never know who is unhappy with their current service. Most of the maintenance calls I got were from unhappy clients.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.