Is toro coming out with the same line as exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddman35, Nov 11, 2000.

1. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

i was wondering if anyone has seen any new toro z's? i would assume that they have the same new engines as the new exmark xp's and the liq. cooled 27 kawi? I just havent heard anything about it? thanks

2. Toro owns Exmark, and Toro has a history of intergrating their engineering and the aqquired business's engineering to come up with a good product. Sometimes it works good, other times it takes a few production runs or a couple of years to work out the bugs. Toro historically does not rush a product to market like Textron does, and has a result has a little better introductory product than than the rest, just a little later to market.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank goodness Toro left their engineers out of all the Exmark intergrated products. I'm assuming they knew better than to tamper with those machines. (Remember the Z-Master 300?)

To answer the original question, I'm sure the 22 Kaw is done for both Toro & Exmark. (27 now) As far as the XP's, Turfman's got it right and you should see them in a Toro version in '02. But beware the Toro 72" deck.

[Edited by Lazer on 11-12-2000 at 10:29 PM]

4. If your going to a 72 inch deck, you need to step up to the commercial series Toro 325D with the 72 inch Guardian Recycler deck. It's the best out there. Gravely would be my second choice with an equally good product as far as the traction unit goes, and from what I've been told, their recycler deck is as good.

I'll be posting a Skag 72 inch unit in the next couple of days for sale. 1900 hours.

5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I was referring to the 72" (L Trim) deck now offered on the current Z-Master 200. A large part of coming out with the 3 new models is to power a 72" deck and Toro's current one leaves a few things to be desired.