Is Troy Bilt any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rarebreedx5, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Does a bear crap in your house? :D

2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

The problem is, you cannot buy anything good at Lowes, so you will just end up with another brand of junk. Take it back for a cash refund and go to a regular dealer. Tanaka makes great hedge trimmers btw.

3. LuxuryLawnCare

LuxuryLawnCare LawnSite Member

sthil is junk to?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Rarebreedx5

Rarebreedx5 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

No, Troybuilt is junk and not meant to be used heavily. They may be OK for homeowners, but if you're using the machine to make a living with, buy commercial.

6. LuxuryLawnCare

Wow i read that post the man who told wal mart no wow that had to be hard but a Hell of a devotion to quality.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. LuxuryLawnCare

im not positive on this but i think lowes sells sthil here in Indy im trying to argue but i don't have the recipt for this 300 dollar peace of crap i now have so i can only get in store credit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Go to Home Cheapo, they sell ECHO now, makes me wonder if the Retail equipment is all going to be crap. No way I would buy a hand held unless it was a commercial piece of equipment and from a dealer.

9. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

NO big box store sells Stihl, they only sell thru independent dealers, and they say they will never allow their products to be sold in big box stores. But I wouldnt be surprised if they did sometime in the future. Dealers around here were pissed when Husqvarna started selling at Lowes, but I think there is a quality difference in trimmers bought at lowes and the huskys sold at dealers. Husqvarna used to be considered a great brand, but when they sold out and dealt with lowes, their standing went way down with many people.

10. LuxuryLawnCare

I am heading to lowes in about a half hour i post threw my cell phone is there a way to take a picture and post it to i know i seen stihl there they had the chainsaws and a back pack blower this sucks i don't know if the home depot sales troy bilt or this big ass edger so i could take it back there and get ehco
    Posted via Mobile Device