Is Troy Bilt any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rarebreedx5, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

This isnt true anymore... I just went to Ace Hardware and they are carrying a full line of stihl blowers, trimmers, chain saws... I couldnt believe my eyes! The prices are actually HIGHER then my local dealer for stihl products, what is up with that?!!?

Lowes sells Husq, toro, and Deeres too...the quality is NOT there at all, MTD made equipment stamped out different names and colors... Way to screw the consumers!!
  2. LuxuryLawnCare

LuxuryLawnCare LawnSite Member

its bothering me now so im heading to lowes soon i know they are there now
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. 1whitetail

1whitetail LawnSite Member
    from florida

Remember that all Ace hardware stores are independently owned. The owner of that particular Ace is the one that became a Stihl dealer.
  4. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

He's right, Toy-bilt is just another MTD generic firm.

Get something else.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

He is right, Ace is independently owned and operated. The one up the road from me has been a stihl, shindy, echo, and redmax dealer. Reps eyes light up when they set up one, and they are not loyal to anyone. So they are told to come get thier stuff when they have product they cant move.

And as for them selling them higher. Just like home depot and echo. When you put one on a homedepot card, at 0% intrest for 1 year. They are going to make that money up somewhere. And they do it by raising thier prices over us the dealers.

I wish all customers knew to come to dealers and save money up front, and be ahead of all the "Home Cheapo" cutsomers in line for service.
  6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

if your looking to use any thing for commercial use it should be commercial grade. troybilt does not make commercial grade equipment to my knowledge. so i would not recommend using it.
  7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'm not trying to argue with ya man, but maybe yo quick glanced at a Husky blower or saw and mistook it for a Stihl. Husky is all orange for the coloring, Stihl is a darker orange and white.
  8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

missed that post.......lowes does NOT carry stihl as a brand. i can attest to that. i have a brother in law who is one of the big shots there.

they carry troy build, john deere and husquarvana that i know for sure. i've never seen anything husky there but i wouldn't swear to it. but i will swear to them NOT carrying stihl.
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Don't let Stihl find out their equipment is sold anywhere but an authorized dealer. They would flip out big time.
  10. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Only thing I would buy is a troybuilt pressure washer and thats just because you can pick a end of year model up for 237 bucks. I got my use of the last one I bought and just bought another. Other then that ...I would stay away from it. No one is going to recommend any homeowner grade machine but if I was to buy a homeowner grade I would buy toro.