Is Walmart Gas....Good or Bad for equipment and trucks??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SouthernYankee, Jan 26, 2006.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I know a few people that are in landscaping/construction buisness and they swear that walmart gas is bad for equipment and trucks. They base these claims on people they know that have had problems with their engines.

Has anyone had a bad experiance with walmart gas or has known someone that has had problems with walmart gas?

I save a lot of money by buying gas from the local walmart , but I dont want to have any problems down the road.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I used to save a lot of money buying regular unleaded, sometimes at a discount. I am sure I saved close to 10 dollars every week by doing this.

One week I decided to try an experiment, and I filled up everything with Amoco / Bp 93 premium.

Maybe you should try it, just for a week, after you've been running regular for a while, fill everything up with the best, and see which one you like.

As for me, I never went back.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I get gas from them, the supplier for walmart also fills up another gas station in my home town.

4. Bigtreeman

Bigtreeman LawnSite Member

all the same man

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a gas holding facility by my house and all the big gas chains get thier gas from this same place . i try to go where it is the cheapest or convenient.

6. o it grew landscaping

o it grew landscaping LawnSite Member

dont matter about the gas, it might be lower quality in some cases, i would put a quick splash of fuel treatment for every gas can you fill, good on the ol' equipment also...

7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Shouldnt make a difference. I know in Connecticut all the gas at the gas stations get tested at one point or another. Walmart probably gets it from the same storage tanks as other companies.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've been filling up at Sam's for over 2 years. Sam's is part of Walmart, so I guess it would be the same thing. Haven't had any problems. I've saved A LOT of money doing it. You can sometimes save $0.30 a gallon when gas spikes because they don't raise their prices until next day usually.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never had any problems with Murphy's fuels. I use them all the time.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Gas is gas unless your talking about proprietary premium (Amoco, Sunoco, etc).

Personally NOTHING on our trailers needs premium. You get LESS horsepower from premium fuel.