1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is Walmart Gas....Good or Bad for equipment and trucks??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SouthernYankee, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sam's or Walmart? I won't give them a DIME of my money for gas - or anything else, for that matter. Screw them..just like they screw alot of other undeserving poeple. They are too responsible for too many good people being out of work in too many U.S. towns, now.
  2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I don't shop at Walmart but i do use the gas at the Giant Supermarket. It is a few cents cheaper,easy in and out and I don't have to prepay when using cash..which is 99% of the time. I don't see a difference. Matt
  3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Bad gas can be purchased almost anywhere these days. So what is BAD GAS? For me it would be having a water content.

Having water in your fuel tank can disable and even wreck a carburetor.

I have installed a simple ($5)B&S sediment bowl on all my mowers. I never cease to be amazed at the water and crud these things catch. The debris settles at the bottom of the bowl, so unless they get really full, things are pretty safe.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Probably not for the same reasons, but I spend no money at the Wally World. I even ask that others not spend their money there, if their money is being spent on me.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks to Wal-Mart, my hours at my P/T supermarket job were cut. I made $6800 LESS than I should have this year!

Why....because my company must compete with the Wal-Martization of America. Low wages. When senior employees are making $16-19 per hour, the Wal-Marters are making $7

Then our corporate says...."Hey, we have to cut hours to lower our wage percentage in order to compete."

It's just a downward spiral.
  6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

my supermarket i have a sake in is kicking hellmarts hind end on food sales
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My company was just sold for 17.4 BILLION, so we'll see if some of the super inflated upper management heads start rolling. Only then can we stand a chance at going a few more rounds with the giant.
  8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

base gasoline usually comes from same terminal for all stations in an area. The filtration once it reaches your station and the additives are what makes a difference and this is according to my friend who works at the local chevron terminal and the guys at the pipeline
  9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Eveything we get comes from the Kinder morgan pipeline anyway so I haen't seen a difference. Keep yor fuel filters changed regularly and everything should be fine. As for Wal-martization its called capitalism also known a ssurvial of the fittest. Costco doesn't seem to be having any problems competing adn neither does Target as for Albertsons and whining companies that had stupid management they deserve what they get.
  10. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

All the same gas[except for some aditives the major brands add]