Is Walmart Gas....Good or Bad for equipment and trucks??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SouthernYankee, Jan 26, 2006.

1. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can make a list .... Fishing dept, video game section for my kids, little Holiday gifts and candy. Some lawn care supplies. Paints, household items pillows etc.

I go there quite often and find it the easiest place to get what i need and get out :D

There is strong feelings about Bush too but he still got elected for a second term.The fact that Walmart always has a full parking lot says something.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wal-Mart is like Crack.

Shop there, and you not only hurt yourself, but contribute to the decline of American wages.

Their cult-like hiring and management practices would really surprise you.
  3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

You must be pro union. Pay someone 17/hr with limited to no skill work(and don't forget about the 4 breaks a shift).

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

As far as gas goes,
    I've heard the way most two stroke equipment is running so lean that running the premium fuel is a "life extender"?! My dealer always says to run high test in everything but I don't see a difference. I do run high test every now and then but mostly they get regular.
  5. steviepowers

steviepowers LawnSite Member

Do a search on the explanation of octane and decide for yourself if higher amounts would benefit. Most people don't even know what high octane really means.
  6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

anybody have a Home Depot fuel store near you? Just curious on the price comparisons.
    We got one being built near us and it's closer than Wally World.