Is your favorite brand getting harder to find?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, May 10, 2005.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

As Stihl continues to push dealers to go exclusive or close to it with the Stihl line, are you finding that your favorite brand is getting squeezed out?

Will you end up taking the path of least resistance and use more Stihl products or are you determined to seek out the best equipment at whatever it takes?

-MW

2. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

My favorite product is what gives me the best value. I have already purchased 7 line trimmers this year. I noticed Stihl dealers did not have other products. To me, this sent a signal they did not want to be compared to other products.

I have purchased the following; Redmax (3000), Honda (31), (3) Kawasaki (kbl's) and Tanaka (340) and a little Robin (2050) for fun. On this site I have observed blind brand loyality. If Stihl dealers believe they can offer me fewer choices and get my business, they are mistaken.

Hope this answered your question. :D

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to weigh in. I agree, I think there tends to be a bit of blind loyalty on the site (Not always a bad thing for us though :))

I remember I asked someone on the site why he thought the Stihl 4-MIX was the best. He replied with " because it's the only one I've used."

We have tried the Husky / Honda 4-cycle, the Stihl 4-MIX, and the Shindy C4. I've said this before, the Shindy is by far the better 4-mix.

-MW

4. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

MW:

You need to get the word out on your stick edgers. I have two 270's from ebay. They make fast work of any edging duty and are brutally powerful; a dirt fighting machine.

Steve

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive