is YOUR lawn top 5 in your subdivision/neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stephen424, Oct 2, 2010.

1. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering...
    There was a point this summer where my own fall fell short of top 5 status simply because I didn't have time to baby it. However, now I'm back to top 2 in a subdivision of about 500 homes.
    Where do you stand?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. number #1..

3. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

all alone. just the way i like it. No associations for me! Ever heard the saying "the mechanic has the junkiest car". hahahhah I do it all day. Dont care about my lawn. I keep it clean, cut and neat but dont treat it because then i have to cut it more.

4. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

for sure it's the best......slit seeded twice a year, aerated twice a year, best ferts out there, nothing but kentucky blue grass with a bit of perennial rye, grub control twice a year, leather jacket control, cut twice per week, it never ends

But all this work pays off......we usually get atleast 3-4 new clients each season who drive by our property and want theirs to look like ours.....plus I just love creating the best looking grass possible....wish all our clients just said make it the best and you have an unlimited budget...:clapping:

5. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

out of like 300 in my area 1 being best im about 240th

6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

number 1*!

DSCF1916.JPG

7. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have creeping charlie, a horrid slope that require tons of water, shaded backyard that barely has grass. Its all a work in progress which I knew when I bought the house. If I have a area of my house I know will get worked on in the next few years I'll keep it mostly presentable. Throwing down 2k in pavers and not getting paid for it kinda sucks.

8. volvotech

volvotech LawnSite Member

Pretty far down.

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe 295 out of 300 or so - and I couldn't give one rat's ass less about it either.

Several times I stopped myself short when starting to renovate and install a putting green. After 70 hrs a week all year long I really don't care to take care of one more property.

The POA I live in did say I had to remove a boat hull from my front yard - I buried it 1/3 deep by the bow and painted the Exxon Valdez on the stern - apparently the POA board didn't have the same sense of humor I had.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am by far the best in the whole north side of this town, as it is an older area and most are only fair. i keep a pretty tight lawn out of my own vanity.