is your ZTR ambidextrous?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Cake, May 30, 2007.

1. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Most ztr's i've demoed/used seem to be right-handed!

<insert goofy look>

When crossing a hillside,they all seem to stick better when traveling from left to right.:dizzy:
    There must be a reason for this!

Discuss please.

2. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

Are you right handed?

Not trying to be funny - our brain works in mysterious ways, and the first thing that came to mind was being left handed or right handed.

Maybe when going left to right, your right hand is on the stick on the low side, which is the side that has all the control when going along a slope.

3. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Interesting.....the upper tire always seems to lose traction when going right to left. I never considered my left arm sensitivity.Possible though.

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Every ztr I've owned always had better traction on hillsides when the left side is on the down side. I'm pretty sure this is because decks usually stick out farther on the left for trimming purposes and this allows the deck to keep the ztr from leaning too far.:)

5. totallawncare

totallawncare LawnSite Member

and motor placement and which side has the most weight

adam

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

The rear tire pressures have alot to do with grip and/or tracking. Less than 5 pounds difference will make a amazing difference. Speaking from expierience here, too.

7. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

haha... i thought I was being weird when I do scary slopes in a certain direction. I'm too chicken to do it the other way. I thought I was the only one :)

go lawnsite!

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget to go up on the trackbar and take out a round of wedge.:laugh: