Iseki engine's

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by rockytopp, Oct 11, 2006.

1. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy a small Iseki tractor, The price is right but the head is off and has a cracked sleeve and has been super hot. chances are it will need a major over haul. Is any one familar with this brand? If so who makes the engines? Yanmar, kubota, perkins???? I believe it is the small engine sixteen hp. or so. Rest of the unit seems ok, good rubber soforth. I am just concerned with the engine and what it would set a person back for a rebuild.. any help is welcome. thanks.

2. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i think that is a russian tractor, or maybe from the ukrain. i think are getting in to a hard overhaul. i will put it this way if i bought it i bet in 6 months my gf would be fussing about the yard art

3. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, japanese= Iseki. Engines unknown. tomo:waving:

4. grasscutter

grasscutter LawnSite Member

Iseki used to be the company that manufactured Massey-Ferguson compact tractors. I believe the ones they made were the 1200 series. Most people I know that own them seem to be satisfied with them.

5. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Iseki is still manufacturing the compact Massey Ferguson tractors. You might be able to get parts for the engine at a MF dealer, take the engine numbers to a MF dealer and see what they can do with it.

As for the rebuild, if it got hot then in my thoughts it was probably neglected elsewhere by the previous owner(s) and you may be in for more headache than it's worth.

6. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the info, I believe Birdhunter1 hit the nail square. I took another look and decided it would cost more than what it take to purchase another in running condition. Right now the market seems to be flooded with all types and sizes of these yard pest, when they break down no one seems to be able to find a dealer or repairman that wants to do the work. Parts scarcity and lack of knowledgeable mechanics will make it a wise choice to buy name brand, and from a established dealer with a good repair record. One is better off to buy an older name brand that has proven itself than to play with something that can not speak english. Thanks to all.

7. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

I believe Iseki is making all of AgCO's compact tractors. I know our Challenger line under 35hp? is Iseki made.

8. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The new massey z-turn mowers are iseki with iseki diesel engines in them. They have been selling them in Australia for awhile.

9. JamesGarfield

JamesGarfield LawnSite Member

The Iseki's are pretty neat machines (IHMO). Youtube has some videos of various models, from garden tractors to compact tractors up to small tractors. I liked the SDR19 myself. It's a 48" belly mount tractor mower, with a 3 cylinder water cooled diesel engine (19 or 22HP). Electric deck lift, hydro drive, and this one model I saw had an awesomely huge hydro lifted bagger attachment. The deck has counter rotating blades (hence the R in SDR for rear discharge).

They seem to be rather popular in the UK, in Australia, in France, and in Russia. Relatively rare in the States. Apparently not a good replacement parts pipeline (?). The dealers who know about them try to steer customers into Yanmar or an equivalent brand they can fix / service.

Wish I could get my hands on one and play with it for a while, see what it's got inside.

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I've got an Iseki powered Agco MF 1233 4X4 compact utility tractor.
    The only thing good about this tractor is the motor.
    Parts for Iseki's are very easy to obtain through web sites as Iseki has powered a bunch of different branded tractors over the years.
    One of the weak points on an overheated small diesel is the webbing in the cylinder head. These webs crack and allow coolant to seep by the head gasket which in turn scores the cylinder walls. If the head is bad, and it is a safe presumption it is, I agree that you should stay away.