1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Iseki SZ330 zero turn mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by x242794, Sep 27, 2005.

1. x242794

x242794 LawnSite Member
    from Belgium

Hello forum,

Has any of you experience with this ZTR?
    It looks OK, but it is the first ISEKI machine in this class.
    Is it as good as a KUBOTA ZD21? or a FERRIS IS5000Z?

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I've never heard of iseki? is there a website?
  3. x242794

x242794 LawnSite Member
    from Belgium

The problem in Belgium is that all good American ZTR's are almost impossible to obtain. Only the Ferris IS5000Z and the biggest Gravely can be baught for a price of around 18000 €. I have been told that this has to do with CE-labels.

On the other hand, there seems to be no real ZTR market in Europe. People continue to buy tractors.

I have 3 acres to mow and can't afford to spend 4 hours a week to mow the lawn. I guess the fastest and easiest solution would be a mid-range ZTR (25 HP, 60" deck), but a machine like that is simply not available! Only very big or very small ZTR's can be found.
  4. tshank

tshank LawnSite Member

Only others comments. Evidently they have been avail. in Australia for a while. If I remember correctly, a Aussie gent on this site said, good mower, lousy deck. Look on the Massey Ferguson site, commercial mowers. I think the Massey zero turn is a ISEKI. Agco owns Massey and is tied to ISEKI, in some way, in Australia. My dad was a Massey dealer years ago, so curious as to what Massey's up to. Do they have much of a presence there? I know there used to be a plant in France.
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. Iseki has been down under for years, very popular with councils. this is the outfronts I'm referring to.

The new ZTR is new, it's huge, bulky, not the machine for the average lawnie!

But the brand is proven in our harsh conditions....but this ztr is big! lol
  6. x242794

x242794 LawnSite Member
    from Belgium

This "big" Iseki costs "only 13000 € or 15500 $.

The big American machines go for 18000 € or 21500 $.

At first sight, this machine offers the best value for money.

What I am looking for is a machine that can easily and reliably mow 3 acres in an hour. Should be available in Europe. Diesel is not needed I think. (it is for private use only)
  7. BarnOwl

BarnOwl LawnSite Member

Toro is well represented in Europe, the commecial line as well. The Toro Z master might be an option......
    Other machines you may have ovelooked are Husqvarna, John Deere, Kubota and Ferris. I don't know about Belgium, but it is not too far away.
    All these brands have professional dealers here.
  8. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Will the dealer let you demo this? If so, take it home and tear loose on your yard and see how well you like it.
  9. x242794

x242794 LawnSite Member
    from Belgium

Toro might have the right machine indeed.

The Iseki looks a bit too big.
  10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

now that you have some options close by, I'm glad as the iseki is a definite overkill for your property, imo.

the other brands mentioned are all good brands, and now you can choose petrol or diesel and have a 60 inch deck, if you prefer diesel toro and kubota make 27 and 28hp engines, otherwise you have a good selection of petrol engines with 54'' to 60'', or of course 72'' if you want that big.

let us know how you go, love some pics of your property.