1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Isnt it kind of late to be dropping money in my mailbox.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cheesedawg1, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

One of my lawn customers owed me $70 dollars from lawn cuts back in September and October. I rang his doorbell in October sometime and he said he would drop off the money the next day. But he never did. So anyway I didnt bother him until earlier this week. I was kinda mad but neway I said,
    "Hey Troy you owe me $70 for lawn cuts on such and such date. Please mail me a check or drop it off at such and such address within the next week. Thanks." He called me back two days later and said, "You never got my money? I told my nephew to drop it off at your address. I guess he never but. But anyway I am real sorry. Ill come by and drop it off tommorw" Let me remind you this was thursday and the snow storm was comin in Friday in Jersey. So its Friday and I come home from school with no check in my mailbox. It didnt really bother me. It snowed all Friday during the day and was really snowing hard Friday nite. There was at least 4 inches of snow out and nothing was plowed. I was getting in to go to bed around 11:40. I had just turned my lights off when I wanted to take one quick peak at the weather outside before i went to bed. When I pulled up my blinds I see him putting some money in my mail box at 11:45! I thought this dude was crazy. Neway I pulled up my window and asked him, "Isnt it kind of late to be dropping money in my mailbox." He jsut laughed and went on his way.
  2. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Hay, at least ya got it.;)
  3. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

When I rented a lot for a mobile home I owned when I was 20, I droped off the the rent at 12:00 at night on my way to work on 3rd shift at a textile mill. The land owner got up at about 4:00 everyday,Just consider it a christmas bonus.
  4. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take the money owed to me any time of the day. But yes, it does seem odd to be dropping by that late.
  5. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with 44TOY. He probably works a late shift. Hey at least he didn't ring the doorbell and wake you up, it sounds like he just wanted to drop it in the box and leave. Why complain, you got your moneypayup
  6. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

So what's the problem with dropping the $$ off at that time of night? No big deal. If he had run the door bell, i'd've rung his neck, but there is no problem, right? Be happy you got your money.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

he probably felt bad about forgeting so decided to drop it off late when nobody was looking
  8. J & J Mowing

J & J Mowing LawnSite Member
    from KS

Better late than never.
  9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

He probably didn't expect you to see him, glad you got the money. With 4 inches on the ground, you should use it to buy a shovel & make some more $$ .
  10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Send them over to my place!payup