ISO SAE Excavator controls

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Jul 29, 2002.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

So, which companies make their excavators with the left control controlling the swing, and boom, and the right control for the bucket and dipper? I know kubota backhoes are like that, or they used to, I haven't run one for years. That's what I'm used to when it comes to the two controls and not three like case. But now that I drive a case 580b all the time, I'm much more confrotable using those controls.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Thats Johndeere controls if the boom up/down-swing is left hand and Dip in/out-bucket curl is right hand that is also standard backhoe controls.

Dip in/out-swing left hand Boom up/down-bucket curl right hand is Cat Hitachi Kubota controls I can run machines with the controls set this way.

Like I said in my post above the local rental shops Mini excavators controls used tobe perminatly set on John Deere and I had a hell of a time running it not use to it. I fixed the lever pattern control switch and I got the Cat control pattern to work I could do anything with the machine then.
  3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

BRL, we have a Nagano brand mini excavator and the switch to change the controls is under the floormat behind a small door.

Guido, those stories, LMAO,:D I grew up on a farm with lots of bottom ground, I have gotten things stuck over the years.:(