1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Issue with ground cable terminal Stander X

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by joe24816, May 4, 2014.

1. joe24816

joe24816 LawnSite Member

I was mowing on my last customer for the day (9th lawn) and suddenly my Stander X 52 stop. Luckily I also had my Sentar RH 36 and was able to finish the mowing. This was the first time had an issue with the Stander X as I have only 225 hours of use and is in the second year of use. After looking around the engine noticed the ground cable terminal that is attached to the engine housing had broken. I guess with the up and down movement on the deck, the wire just broke at the terminal. The terminal attachment does not look it have enough grab around the cable housing. Are you aware of this issue? I'm sure if no changes had been made the wire at the terminal will brake on most Stander X mowers.
  2. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

Have not seen one snap its terminal but have seen a few where the wire pulled out of the terminal. When the dealer replaces the wire have them recheck the routing to make sure the wire is not getting pulled on when the deck is put thru its full range of motion.

Best Regards,
    Wright Mfg.
  3. joe24816

joe24816 LawnSite Member

In my case the wire broke at the terminal end. There was a tie-wrap around the power and ground cables which I removed and probably was pulling the cable too much.